Team Fortress 2
Format: Teams, 6v6 - Double Elimination
Team Fortress 2 is played in the format of 6 v 6, Double Elimination. The competition will be run in accordance to many online tournaments with similar rule sets. Servers will be setup with tournament mode, which require teams to ready up. Once both teams have readied up, the game begins
The game winning conditions is first to 5 Wins (or cap outs) or 30 minutes whichever occurs first. Teams with the highest score at the end wins.
Generally the competition will follow the similar ruleset used on Ozfortress (http://www.ozfortress.com) including allowed weapons.
Map Specific Format Information:
cp_<mapname>: These maps will be played first to 5 cap outs or 30 minutes whichever occurs first. A cap out is when a team captures the final point. In the event of a tie at the end of the 30 minutes, a Golden cap round will be played. In this instance, the first team to cap out the final point wins the game
cp_gravelpit: This map will be played with Stopwatch Mode and the format ABBA. The attacking team (Blu) must attempt to cap out all 3 capture points as fast as possible. The defending team (Red) must stop the attacking team from capping out as many points as they can. At the end of time or 3 cap outs, roles reverse and attempt to beat the previous teams attacking time. When a winner is decided (by time or cap outs) the game will be reset and the teams will swap roles (eg. If you attacked first, then you will Defend for Round 2).
Server Specific Settings:
All matches will be played with the following settings:
- Random Critical Hits: OFF
- Random Damage Spread: OFF
- Shotgun Fixed Spread: ON
- Tournament Mode: ON
- Winlimit: 5
- Timelimit: 30
- Scripts Allowed: YES
The following class limits will be used:
- MAX 2x Soldiers
- MAX 1x Medic
- MAX 2x Scouts
- MAX 1x Demoman
- MAX 1x Spy
- MAX 1x Heavy
- MAX 1x Sniper
- MAX 1x Pyro
- MAX 1x Engineer
Weapon Unlocks / Hats [Updated]:
Unlock weapons are subject to the weapon unlocks allowed within Ozfortress League and RFLAN admin discretion at the time of the tournament. Use of unlocks will be governed by a whitelist present on the server. A list of allowed unlocks will be posted on the intranet prior to tournament commencement. In the event of a major content update being released prior to LAN and there is not enough time to determine viability or useability, these weapons will be banned. Any players found using banned weapons may be subject to removal from round and or competition, or in extreme cases the entire team.
All cosmetic items and misc items are allowed, including Unusual Hats.
Semi Finals and Grand Final Exceptions:
During Semi Finals and Grand Finals, stricter weapon restrictions will be enforced.
See http://ozfortress.com/showthread.php?t=40914 for current unlocks allowed by Ozfortress.
- All teams must join their allocated server within 10 minutes of announcement or the team will forfeit.
- Player issues including computer issues and Network connectivity issues must be brought to the attention of the tournament admin ASAP. Failure to do so may result in a team forfeit. [NEW]
- Use of third party cheats or hacks to gain an unfair advantage is strictly not allowed. Teams found to be using hacks or cheats will be disqualified from the competition
- Joining other matches or servers will games in progress is not allowed. Anyone found to be doing this will cause their team to forfeit.
- Keep the game fun for everyone, no trash talking or excessive global binds.
- Common sense. Don't do anything stupid.
The following is an incomplete list of known unfixed exploits:
- Exploiting flaws in map design to enter areas that put you underneath or above the map
- Building Sentry Guns, Dispensers or Teleporters in unbuildable areas
- Shooting through gates or walls during the setup phase
- Using the the map entity bug specific to the red side of the map on cp_well to jump over the trains
- Using scripts, macros or key combinations that allow you to bypass movement restrictions (e.g. the "Mega Jump" exploit)
- Any other script which is deemed disruptive to hitboxes or gameplay.
- Causing damage through the floor on CP A on cp_gravelpit.
The following are not considered exploits:
- cp_well: Rocket or pipe jumping over or onto the trains at the sides of the middle point to attack the enemy during the setup phase
- cp_well: Shooting over, around or below the trains at the sides of the middle point during the setup phase
In the event of a dispute between two teams, the admin running the competition will review both parties explanations and may utilise the automatic SourceTV recordings to determine a verdict. The admins decision is final and no discussion will be entered into.
Maps and other files:
A few custom maps may be in the rotation. These maps will be made available as necessary with appropriate instructions to install.
On occasion an admin may enter your game to spectate. Admin abuse will not be tolerated, with punishment of disqualification.
By participating you agree to have your games shown on projectors or TV's for spectators. Players may request SourceTV demos to be recorded at the discretion of the tournament admin.