Teams 5v5, Captians Mode, Tournament Ruleset, Group Round Robin Stage + Single Elimination Final Bracket
DOTA 2 is a 5v5 Battle Arena game. The goal of the game is to defeat the enemy team by destroying their towers and buildings and ultimately their Ancient.
The game is played using the Tournament settings made available to you when creating a match. Captains mode is enabled. Grand finals will utilise a Best of Three format, with the team entering from the winners bracket having a 1 point advantage.
Game Specific Settings
Game Mode: Captains Mode
Lobby Password: rflan
Server Location: Australia
Starting Team: Random
Spectators: Yes (For casters and admins only)
Dota TV Delay: 2 minutes
General Rules and Information [UPDATED]
- The tournament is open to all ticket holders of RFLAN and must be physically present at the event to participate.
- External players outside of the RFLAN event are not to be used. If external players are found to be used, the team will be immediately disqualified.
- All players in the tournament must join RFLAN’s Discord server and be present in the #overwatch channel.
- Teams are allowed to use up to 1 substitute players in a match. A player can only be a substitute if they have not played on any other team in the duration of this tournament, either as a main player or as a substitute.
- Substitute players must abide by all rules as any other participant in the tournament.
- The red team on the tournament standing page must creating the lobby and alert the other team once the lobby has been created.
- All teams must join their allocated lobby within 10 minutes of announcement or the team will forfeit.
- All teams must organise their team mates to be in to the game on time, it is your teams responsabiliy to be in a game or to inform the Admin why a game has not started failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- All teams must join the RFLAN chat in the Dota 2 client.
- All heros in Captains Mode are allowed to be used in game.
- The team captain must mark their location on the Dota 2 seating map in front of the Dota 2 admin table.
- If a player is disconnected from the game the game must be paused immediately.
- All players must be physically at the LAN and must have purchased a ticket to the event.
- Once the game is over a player from each team must inform the game admin of the results immediately.
- Use of third party cheats or hacks to gain an unfair advantage is strictly not allowed.
- Teams found to be using hacks or cheats will be disqualified from the competition.
- Using exploits to gain an unfair advantage is not allowed. Teams found to be using exploits will forfeit their match.
- Keep the game fun for everyone, no trash talking, swearing or abusing other players. (remember RFLAN is an all ages event)
- Common sense. Don’t do anything stupid.
The use of any bugs or exploits to create an unfair advantage is strictly forbidden. Using glitches and bugs in map design is forbidden.(This does not include putting heroes on cliffs)
In the event of a dispute between two teams, the admin running the competition will review both parties explanations and may spectate the game to determine a verdict. The admins decision is final and no discussion will be entered into.
Maps and other files
No mods or maps are required
On occasion an admin may enter your game to spectate. Admin abuse will not be tolerated, with punishment of disqualification.
By participating in the tournament you agree to have your games shown on projectors, TV’s or streamed online for spectators.
All global in game chat is to be non-abusive. General banter is acceptable, however should be kept to a minimum. Excess abuse to other players will not be tolerated. Respect the other players in the game.
As the tournament is sponsored, you agree to have your photo taken with all team members on the stage or other location specified by RFLAN admins if in order to claim your prizes. These photo’s will be made available publicly on our social media gallery and will be provided to our sponsors.